Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Summer Travels



Every few years my dad and I get an itch to travel. This time we have a reason, too. My niece is graduating, so we're off to upstate New York. But first, I have to get to West Virginia on my own. (reason for new car, remember?) From WVA we're off to D.C., back to WVA to tour Amish country and whatever else that neck of woods have to offer. I'm looking forward to New York. I hope on the return visit I can talk my dad into going to the Statue of Liberty. It'd be a shame to be that close and not visit the "Gateway to America."

I've had a great school year, but I'm looking forward to the summer to refresh and rejuvenate my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to New Yoir this Year over Chirstmas break.It was fun. We stayed in an hotel in times square.It was very fun, but the people there are very fast walkers and sometimes can be rude.They don't say excuse me when they walk by you either!i go to go on Good Morning America or like stand out there and watch.and I dont know If i was on the t.v or not though. I was on mtv though.I didn't see anyone famous though,but when we were walking by the mtv show or whatever these girls were freaking out becosue tehy saw someones manager..lol! It was funny. New York is really fun though. It is quitre busy like I said. We were going to go Ice Skating in central park but the wait was like 4 hours long!!!!!! We rode a ferry to Saten Island where the Statue of Liberty is.That was also fun. We went downtown new York or whatever it is called and saw ground zero where the twin tours use to be.That was neat also. You have to ride those red buses.They are AWESOME!!! When we went it was freezzing.We sat on the top anyway though..lol!Well there you go a kinda know about New york thing I just told you..lol! I thouhgt I would tell becosue you where going. I don't think we are going to the same place but still..lol! :]
-Riki

John Cabot said...

Imn my opinion, that was way to much travel for me at a time!